Compare let property insurance
Looking for a better deal on your landlords policy. Compare cheap buy to let home insurance quotes in minutes with our online let property insurance quote system. All our insurer partners are leading UK landlord insurance specialists.
- Easily compare cheap landlords insurance quotes online
- Leading UK insurers on the panel
- Buy let property insurance online
- Landlords buildings and contents cover
- Property owners liability automatically included
- Landlords legal expenses cover
- Option to include landlord rent guarantee cover
Insurance for landlords with rental properties is known by many names. For example landlords that are looking to insure their let property may type any of the following terms in a search engine to find a broker or an insurer that can meet their demands and needs;
Some landlords will also require their contents insured as well as the rented building. Landlords that rent out furnished properties will want to ensure that these items are protected with a landlord’s contents insurance policy.
Some landlords that have a portfolio of rental properties will want to get a landlords insurance policy that is flexible to their business needs. For example some of their rental properties maybe empty and thus the cover needed is the unoccupied property insurance. The landlord may have a mixture of both commercial and residential let properties. Most landlord insurance companies now have online quote portals that will compare let property insurance quotes in minutes with many different providers. This can save a busy landlord a lot of time looking around for the cheapest deals. As they say ‘time is money’.
Even if you have just one let property you must ensure that the correct landlord insurance cover is in place as a standard home insurance policy does not provide the necessary protection. Most landlord building insurance policies include landlord’s public liability and loss of rent cover as standard. Some UK let property insurance policies also include a basic level of legal expenses.
Landlords can also take out a rent guarantee policy to provide a protection against a tenant not paying their rent. Usually a tenants reference checks must have been carried out before the start of any tenancy agreement. The insurers will want to know that you took all the necessary steps to vet the client before signing the tenancy agreement.
Many people are surprised as to how affordable a landlord’s insurance policy is when they compared against it their home insurance. Depending on a number of risk factors will determine whether you qualify for a cheap landlord insurance policy or not. Some typical rating criteria’s for assessing the price of a let property insurance policy include;
- The rebuild value of the rental property. This is not the market value but the cost to rebuild the entire property if a disaster such as fire destroyed the whole property.
- The location of the property. Is it located in a high density urban environment or more of a rural location? The postcode of the let property is a key rating factor for the insurers.
- Claims! The number of claims made on the policy also has a significant bearing on the price of the landlord insurance policy.
- The types of tenants that are living in the let property also make a difference to price.
The above is only a small list of rating factors undertaken by landlord insurance companies when assessing how to price a policy.
Landlords Insurance cover available for most types of lets including;
- Property let to working people / professionals
- Student let / single /shared accommodation / Houses in Multiple Occupations (HMO’s)
- DSS lets
- Let to Asylum Seekers
- Let to Retired person(s)
- Landlord property portfolios (including cover for any that may be temporarily unoccupied.
In the last decade or so there has been an explosion of buy to let property entrepreneurs with the mortgage rates being at the lowest rates for a long time. As a result of this the landlords insurance market expanded with many new insurers and underwriting agencies entering this market.
The good news for the property owner is that because there are so many insurers in the market there are a lot of cheap landlord insurance deals available. Most Buy to let property insurance providers can offer quotes for all types of rented properties with tenants ranging from professionals to DSS and student lets in shared accommodations under houses in multiple occupations licenses.
The other main driver of cheap let property insurance for landlords is the internet. Most of the UK households now have access to fast broadband internet and can search and compare prices online for all types of products and services. For insurance companies this also saves money in terms of office space and the savings can be passed onto their customers in terms of cheaper landlord insurance.
Why use us? We utilise a panel of specialist property insurance brokers that have fantastic schemes on all types of landlords insurance for let property owners. You simply complete a single online property quote form and the information is passed onto a panel of specialist landlord insurance brokers. They will look at the information supplied and will tailor a comprehensive package to protect you and your rental property.