Short Term Car and Van Insurance
‘Quote | Buy | Print’ Instant short term insurance cover for cars and vans available online only via our secure quote system. Temporary car insurance policy can be purchased for most vehicles from 1 to 28 days. This daily car insurance facility is only a short term solution and the maximum number of days that cover can be purchased for is 28 days.
- One day car insurance cover available for drivers aged 21 years and over that have held a full UK licence for at least 12 months. The maximum age limit is 75 subject to conditions.
- The 1 day insurance policy is suitable for most cars up to the value of £75,000 and vans up to 3500kg.
- Print your short term car insurance documents instantly from the comfort of your own home or office. No need to wait for policy documents to arrive through the post. The policy documents are only available in PDF format so ensure that you have adobe reader installed.
- Important: This temporary car and van insurance policy is an online facility only. We do not provide advice or incept cover over the telephone.
- The one day car insurance policy cannot be used where the proposer has hired or rented a car or a van. However if the proposer rents or hires a motorhome then this is perfectly fine.
- Unfortunately no short term car insurance cover is available for imported vehicles. All vehicle must be UK registered.
- Currently minibus cover is NOT available on our temporary car insurance policy. However most MPV’s up to 8 seaters can be insured using our daily car insurance system.
- There are certain vehicles that will not be provided with a quotation depending on their age. Please enter the vehicle details on our 1 day car insurance system to see if your vehicle qualifies.
- You do not need to be the owner or registered keeper of the car or van that you are obtaining temporary cover for. Obviously the owner of the vehicle must give you the permission to drive the vehicle and also you must adhere to our drivers acceptance criteria.
- A common question that we get asked is whether one can purchase road tax using the temporary car insurance certificate. We have no restrictions but it is up to the discretion of the individual post office whether it will be acceptable or not.
- The level of cover available on the short term car insurance is comprehensive only. This applies to both car and van policies.
- Claim numbers are printed on the policy documents but for ease of mind: For Aviva policies call 0800 678 999. For Chaucer policies call 0800 072 2050.
- This policy CANNOT be used for the release of an impounded vehicle. You must obtain an annual motor policy for that as the temporary car insurance certificate will be printed with a warning that it cannot be used to release an impounded vehicle.
Please read the full acceptence criteria for both driver and vehicle during the quotation stage. If you do not meet any of the insurers conditions then the short term car insurance policy is not suitable for your needs.