Non Standard Home Insurance
For all your property insurance requirements from home insurance, landlords cover, unoccupied property insurance and most non standard home insurance catered for. Our panel of insurance providers can cater for most non standard property construction including timber framed buildings, flat roof house, flood area, subsidence and underpinned properties etc. Complete our online quote form and a specialist broker member will contact you directly with your quote.
What is non standard home insurance?
The term non standard house insurance is used in many instances but generally applies to the following;
- Buildings that are non standard construction types such as timber framed, flat roof houses with resin or felt on timber roofs, thatched roof properties etc can be difficult to insure. Most house insurance providers are looking for standard construction types. We utilise a few insurance brokers that specialise in all types of non standard home insurance and are able to provide comprehensive home insurance cover for both contents and buildings at highly competitive rates.
- Home owners with an adverse claims history where a large number of claims were made in a short period of time. Most standard home insurance companies will usually avoid offering terms for homeowners that fall into this bracket. There are specialist non standard home insurance brokers that can place these risks but will usually attract an increase in both policy excess and the premium payable.
- In some instances the existing insurer does not offering renewal due too many claims, or non disclosure of material facts. In some cases it is a simple matter of the insurer pulling out of that post code area. Our specialist panel of brokers have schemes for refused home insurance cover.
- If you have been declined, refused or had home insurance cancelled then you may find it very difficult to obtain cheap home insurance. This is a material fact that must be disclosed to all home insurers. Again most home insurance companies do not usually want this type of risk. We have broker partners that specialise in all types of distressed risks. Simply complete our online non standard home insurance quote form and one of our broker partners will contact you regarding your property insurance requirements.
- Subsidence history / underpinned properties is another area where majority of the home insurers will not offer cover. Subsidence insurance for homes that have previously suffered from subsidence and the building had to be underpinned.
- Our panel of non standard home insurance providers can also cater for homeowners with previous convictions / bankruptcy.
- Do you work from home or do you have an occupation that is causing problems in obtaining home insurance cover? Complete our simple online non standard home insurance quote form and let our specialist broker panel work for you to get you the best possible terms for your buildings and contents insurance requirements.
- Irregular occupancy where you are away for long periods of time due to work or other engagements also comes under the banner of non standard home insurance.
- Anything else which does not meet the “one-size fits all” approach of the standard home insurance market including flood insurance properties and ex offenders.