Thatched House Insurance
Home insurance specifically catering for the need of property owners that own, let or have a second home that has a thatched roof. We understand that most of these buildings tend to be Grade I or Grade II listed and are cherished by their owners. Our thatch insurance policy provides a high degree of cover for both the buildings and contents.
Thatched roof property insurance available for;
- Owner occupied
- Second home
- Holiday Let
- Professional Let thatch roof insurance
- Unoccupied thatched home insurance
- Thatched roof buildings cover
- Thatched roof contents policy
- Grade 1 and Grade 2 listed buildings
- Woodburning stove and open fires
All thatched roof building insurance policies are usually tailored to the requirements of the property owner as each thatched property is different. Most standard home insurance providers do not normally offer insurance cover for properties that constructed with a thatch roof. We utilise a panel of brokers and underwriting agencies that are specialist in thatched house insurance. Simply complete our simple online thatch insurance questionnaire which gets submitted to brokers that have specialist knowledge in this field. They will call you back directly with a thatched roof home insurance quotation based on your needs.
Many of these thatched homes are ususally listed buildings and the rebuild value has to be accurately declared. Our broker panel are all experts in thatched home insurance and can offer advise on matters relating to fire prevention and security.
Most thatched roof property insurance policies will have some conditions and warranties that the home owner must adhere to. Failure to do so could invaidate their thatched house insurance policy and any claims may not be paid. Common warranties that apply to thatched roof properties include;
- Electrics / Wiring Testing – Most thatched roof insurance companies will request that the electrical wiring in the property must be inspected by a qualified tradesman every 5 or 10 years and any recommendations made to be carried out.
- Open Fires – If the thatched home has any open fires then the chimneys of these must be swept at least once a year.
- Working smoke detectors and fire extinguishers complying to certain British Standards.
- Some insurers may also insist on the plumbing to be checked every 5 to 10 years.
Remember that each thatched roof insurance quotation will be looked at individually by experienced underwriters with in depth knowledge. The broker may also call you back for any additional information and once they have your complete requirement details, you will be provided with a tailored made thatched property insurance quote.